Photography

All the storms have an awesome effect on the buildings

July 21, 2013

Especially the RenCen which looks oh so shiny and polished after a good "cleaning".  I was in the process of crossing the street when the people mover passed through and I quickly composed this shot.

#Detroit   #photography

View post on Google+

Post imported from Google+.

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

• Reply Gayle Moore July 21, 2013 at 12:24 am

Nice photo – love the buildings against the deep blue shade of the sky.

• Reply Justin Wondga July 21, 2013 at 12:30 am

The citizens of Detroit should thank you for making their city look beautiful.

• Reply Melanie Castle July 21, 2013 at 12:34 am

Justin – lol. Detroit is rebuilding and if you're in the city enough it's not hard to find the beautiful parts, but thank you!

• Reply Justin Wondga July 21, 2013 at 12:39 am

I hear stories about how it's dangerous to go out in public.  Myself, I would love to hop on a plane and pay the city a weeklong visit, take pictures and see the beauty your city and people have to offer.  I'm quite sure that Detroit will pull through…..

• Reply Dawn Molitor July 21, 2013 at 1:02 am

I agree +Melanie Castle I just left after a two week visit. I can see all kinds of improvements to the city since my visit last year……neighborhoods coming together cleaning up whole blocks. People moving in and making the changes they want to see themselves instead of waiting for someone to change things for them.
    I was so disappointed to see all the windows removed from the abandoned buildings…..such a total waste of money, time and history.

• Reply Amahri Howland July 21, 2013 at 9:12 am

Beautiful shot!

• Reply Melanie Castle July 21, 2013 at 11:15 am

Dawn – some of those are to be replaced.  Indeed, there was some buzz as windows have gone IN at Grand Central Station….  Nothing confirmed there on what's happening though.  Agreed, some of the stripping that happens is just silly.

• Reply Dawn Molitor July 21, 2013 at 11:28 am

+Melanie Castle is Grand Central the train station? If so I took some photos of that last weekend. I'll have to check my photos out once I get them off my SD card.

• Reply Melanie Castle July 21, 2013 at 1:19 pm